Tuesday 22 October 2013

Mathew B. Brady

Mathew_Brady_circa_1875
Often cited as "the father of photojournalism", Mathew Brady took many of the photographs that exist of the American Civil War and, through his paid assistants, was responsible for many more. He began his career as a painter, then a portrait photographer. After the war he returned to portraits, as with this one of himself, taken around 1875, but he never recovered his wartime success, and died penniless in 1896.

Mathew_Brady_circa_1875
Original B&W photo.

2 comments:

  1. I love the photos your "colorize" they are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I enjoy doing them!
    I must give all due credit, though, to the people who made the software I use and, of course, to the photographers, like Mathew Brady, who gave me such good subject matter.

    ReplyDelete